Monday, September 15, 2008

Hello Out There!

So I'm entering the world of blogging to see where it takes me! I know there are a million things out there to read, so I am flattered you're reading this. I plan to share my love of literature and reading here, sort of like my own private book club, but where everyone is welcome!! I always want to talk about what I'm reading, just like I did when my daughter was two and I would tell her all about The Count of Monte Cristo, or when I would bore my husband to death telling him about the Twilight saga (somehow he got some wierd satisfaction when I didn't like the last book!). I love to read all sorts of genres, from Harry Potter to the Outlander series to Victorian Brit Lit and good Southern writers like Faukner, Flannery O'Connor and Harper Lee. Every now and then I love some good "chick lit" or some trashy pulp, a good horror novel by Stephen King excites me, too.
I think about the characters during the day, I've even dreamed about them at night. But I will put a book down unfinished, not to be picked up agian, if it doesn't grab me, whether it's considered a great book or not. I figure I'm too old (i.e. not in lit class with required reading anymore) and there are too many other good books out there to be read. No one can like everything, that's just the way it is.
So put me on your favorites, check back now and then. Freshen up your coffee, sit back and take a few minutes every day to read something that you love, that will give you cause to think.

6 comments:

Marg said...

Welcome to Blogging!

In terms of tips, the best one is to get involved. Comment on people's blogs, join in challenges etc. That way, before long you will feel like part of the amazing book blogging community!

I've added you to my feed reader so that I will see whenever you post something.

You are off to a great start!

Heather said...

Thanks!!

Michele said...

Welcome! I don't think you'll find a kinder group of people than book bloggers. Everyone is so friendly and helpful!

It sounds like we're kindred spirits so I'll be checking in to read often. I drove my husband nuts with the Twilight series, too! (And I HATED the last book, ha ha)

Heather said...

Hi Michele,
So glad to hear from you and that people are reading my blog!!! And someone who agrees about Twilight! What happened to the whole thing?!

Thanks for the encouragement, it's exciting!

Michele said...

Between you and me, I still don't think Stephanie Meyer herself wrote the entire book....I suspect others were involved. But I'm a big conspiracy theorist, ha ha.

Heather said...

Not a bad theory, there has to be some explanation. I just figured she had everything under contract so took the easy road. But I didn't like it! I mean, it wasn't only the story line, but the characters - ugh, horrible! What part do you think she did write - the first 3 or the last?